I am beyond excited today to be talking to John Haynes III, a Leadership & Coach Strategist with Regeneration Consulting.
John believes the one who sits in the chair of authority and leadership has the loftiest and the most challenging of responsibilities: leading people, developing and imparting vision, and ensuring that organizations and their missions come to fruition. Because of his belief that all things rise and fall on leadership, John has weaved together his human resources expertise, organizational effectiveness capabilities, and his purpose and gift of coaching and advising people and businesses and is focused on leading leaders and being the visionary to visionaries.
With a wealth of experience spanning various industries, including, start-up, government contracting, architecture, engineering, internal development, energy, manufacturing, and commercial land care, and having advised leaders across the nation, in Canada, and internationally, John holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Old Dominion University and has become a coach through the Life On Purpose Development Institute.
Listen in for some real golden nuggets of wisdom.
What you Will Learn:
- How to get that willingness to have communication in the name of progress
- What ‘power listening’ is
- How to guide conversations without leading conversations
- How John helped teams work through conflict with courageous conversations
- How courageous conversations can help you ‘move on’
Questions I asked John:
- What are ‘courageous conversations’ to you?
- How can we get the CEO’s to open up at the table to listen?
- What are some of the risks of not having courageous conversations?
- What advice would you give the leader to position themselves to modify their culture?
Quick tips for Successful Courageous Conversations:
the right place
the right time
the right wording
More about John Haynes:
In marrying his HR and coaching expertise, John’s accolades include features on www.msn.com, CBS Moneywatch, U.S. News & World Report, and Bankrate.com, and author of ME In 4 Seasons: A Journal For Your Journey of Change. John has also been a featured guest on KVRN Radio’s show Moments of Inspirations hosted by MJ McGlen and WBND Radio’s The Journey: A Meeting of the Minds hosted by Kimberly Collins and Jennifer Foxworthy, and has served as a guest speaker and facilitator for youth conferences, government clients, organizations, and leadership development programs.
How to connect with John:
John’s Book: Me In 4 Seasons: A Journal for Your Journey of Change