Marissa Levin is Founder & CEO of Successful Culture, a leadership consulting organization that helps CEOs master the 3 most critical aspects of business growth: leadership development, strategy formulation & execution, and organizational culture assessment & improvement.
She is also the author of “Built to SCALE: How Top Companies Create Breakthrough Growth Through Exceptional Advisory Boards.” Using Marissa’s patented SCALE Model, Successful Culture helps CEOs select and implement highly effective advisory boards which is an essential strategy for any business looking to grow exponentially.
Marissa is also a Leadership Mindset columnist for Inc. Magazine, and a syndicated columnist writing on advisory boards for SmartCEO Magazine.
Finally, she is the regional Chair for Women’s Presidents Organization, an international community of multi-million dollar women business owners, for whom she facilitates monthly CEO roundtables.
Marissa’s lifetime legacy mission is to educate, equip, & empower 100 million leaders with the skill sets and mindsets they need to reach their greatest potential.
Questions I Asked Marissa
- Can you share a little bit about who you are and what the success culture is?
- When you launched your first company, did you have the exit strategy in mind from the beginning?
- Can you tell us about advisory boards and how it’s different than a board of directors?
- What do you suggest in regards to compensating an advisory board?
- Can you talk about the scale model?
- At what point in my business should I consider building an advisory board?
What You’re Going to Learn
- How Marissa grew her first company, Information Experts (and how she created her succession plan)
- Why Marissa pivoted her first business seven different times
- How to determine your values and whether or not you’re aligned with them as well as your customer’s values
- How to select an advisory board
- What the ‘holes and the goals’ are when it comes to determining the need
- How you can trade services for advisors time
Where to Connect with Marissa