Today I want to talk about a critical component of creating a business: finding a niche. Narrowing down your offerings to a specific area is one of the best ways to beat the competition and grow your business. My guest today has done just that. Charlotte Van Horn is the founder and operator of LOCKS-4-EVER.
Charlotte’s company LOCKS-4-EVER is an independent company based in Woodbridge, VA. Charlotte has been wearing Sisterlocks proudly since September 2005 and decided to take her Sisterlocks journey one step further by completing the 4-Day Sisterlocks Consultant Training Course in April 2012. LOCKS-4-EVER has commercial locations, they have launched an all-natural product line, and they have many plans to expand in the near future.
In addition to the day-to-day operation and management of LOCKS-4-EVER, Charlotte, and her husband, Alfredo, own a travel business, she is a long-time Associate Manager for LEGAL SHIELD, and she is a long-time professional standup comedian.
Questions I Asked Charlotte:
- What was it like to start a business in a field that you had no experience in?
- How did you overcome any self-doubt or fears you had?
- How did you manage to build a loyal customer base?
- How has creating a niche served you in your business?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Charlotte’s legal experience has helped her create LOCKS-4-EVER.
- Why Charlotte creates a unique culture for her employees and clients.
- How she used Facebook to grow her business.
- The value in knowing your target audience.
- What it means to “cater” to your customers.
Connect with Charlotte