Write books that sell… such a novel idea. The marketing landscape has changed significantly over the nineteen years that I’ve been in business personally. When I started, the key marketing component, in terms of allowing you to shine and really show your expertise in the market place was writing white papers. That then evolved into creating check lists and ebooks, but now the big push is writing books on your expertise.
Our expert guest today is going to share her insights on how and why one should write books that sell. Candice Davis is an award winning writer, author, ghost writer, editor, and master author coach. She guides coaches, speakers and other experts so they can reach more people, change more lives, and earn more money. She’s the founder of Go Write Something and co founder of Write Books That Sell.
Questions I Asked Candice:
- Tell us a little about you and what you do in your business.
- Why should CEO’s of small business consider writing a book?
- What about people who have an expertise but haven’t cultivated their brand?
- Have you worked with people who don’t have their business established yet?
- How do you know where to start when writing a book?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you need to know what your brand is before you go to write a book.
- The importance of understanding what you want to give your audience.
- Why Susan suggests being aware of your purpose regardless of if you have your own business or not.
- Why Susan believes every single person has the knowledge and the ability to write a work.