There are two things CEO’s and business owners must have in order to guide a successful business: persistence and perseverance. Our guest today has certainly demonstrated both. Melodie Narain is Co-Owner and CEO of Sole Savers: a stylish, rollable, flat shoe that provides a comfortable back up to high heels. Melodie is originally from Washington, but she always knew that she wanted to move to New York to be exposed to the world of fashion. Having owned and operated several businesses connected to the fashion industry, Melodie realized first hand how challenging the fashion world can be; however, those challenges did not stop her and instead, they fueled her. Through persistence and perseverance, she has continued to carry her business through the start up phases and onto growth and success.
Questions I Asked Melodie:
- Tell us about how you got to New York City and what your life was like.
- How did you get back to the mentality of perseverance after facing so many obstacles?
- What is your “why” for creating your business? And how does that fuel you to move forward?
- How were you able to start your business in such a short period of time?
- Who has helped you “stay in the game?”
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How Melodie was able to rediscover her passion.
- What type of education Melodie found helped her start her business.
- How Melodie found the strength to push through her doubts about her business.
- The benefits Sole Savers has seen due to Melodie’s persistence and perseverance.
What Melodie’s “big vision” is for Sole Savers.
Connect with Melodie