Leslie Garcia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who is a first-generation American, born in New York City to immigrant parents from the Dominican Republic. With a passion for the mental health and wellness for women entrepreneurs, Leslie Garcia created Counseling Space to help women who are struggling behind the scenes with the mental challenges that are often associated with business ownership and professional leadership.
With over 15 years of experience in the mental health field, Leslie is dedicated to changing the conversations we have about mental health and educating others on the importance of preventative mental health and mental wellness plans. Leslie Garcia has worked in settings that allowed her to serve as an advocate for immigrants, disabled individuals, and for the World Trade Center 9/11 Responders.
Questions I Asked Leslie
- Can you define stress for the listeners?
- What should we be doing to be aware of stress and its impact?
- How does stress impact the bottom line & growth of a business?
- Why don’t CEO’s ask for help when stress is impacting their business?
- What are some techniques we can use to minimize stress in our business?
- Can you share one or two challenges you faced in your business, what you learned from them and what you overcame?
What You’re Going to Learn
- How stress impacts the body
- Why your body is the best indicator when something is off
- How stress impacts the cultural environment at work
- How shame is related to women asking for help when it comes to stress
- What stress factors have a negative impact on business
- How you can use Leslie’s ‘Purpose before Profit’ to minimize stress