Josh Goldberg is a member of the Management Committee and the Partner in Charge of the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, and Biotechnology Department of NGM. He specializes in the preparation, prosecution, and acquisition os U.S. and foreign patents across a wide range of technology areas. He has also published on the procedure requirements, and reasons for filing an Opposition before the European Patent Office.
Josh is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and is admitted to practice before the Bars of Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia. Josh is also admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Superior and Inferior Courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Questions I Asked Josh:
- Tell us a who Josh is?
- What should companies consider when it comes to intellectual property & trademarks?
- When is it important to file a trademark?
- Is it different to file at the state & federal level?
- How does one determine if a patent or trademark is necessary?
- What are some of the pitfalls or things people should consider when looking to pursue their intellecutal property?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why filing at the federal level is the way to go
- The trademark challenge between Hershey Ice Cream & Hershey’s Chocolate
- What you can do on your own with filing and trademark
- When you should hire an attorney to file your trademark
- What the research process is like when beginning the patent and trademark search
- How long a trademark lasts once it’s registered