Today I’m excited to be speaking with Kim Doyal, also known as The WordPress Chick. She is the founder of Influence Podcasting which helps experts bring their content to the air waves. Kim and I connected when I saw an ad of hers on Facebook for podcasting, we had a strategy call and I decided to work with Kim to launch my podcast.
Widowed in 2003 Kim knew there had to be a better way to support her family than working full time in retail management. In 2008 she made a commitment to herself to start an online business that would allow her to be around for her two young children.
Fast forward eight years and Kim has a built a brand and an audience that supports her family and the quality of life she dreamed of. Kim’s business helps online entrepreneurs find their voice through podcasting, content and connecting with their audience in a real way.
Questions I Asked:
- How did you start your business? Was it planned out or did you just jump in?
- How did you spark the interest of iTunes with your podcast?
- How were you able to reposition your career after going through so many life struggles?
- What is Influence Podcasting?
- Who is podcasting good for?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Kim chose to work for herself online.
- How Kim overcame that feeling of “imposter syndrome.”
- How she’s made money through her podcast.
- Kim’s thoughts on what makes a really successful podcast.
- How podcasting has helped Kim’s business grow more than anything else.