DeLores Pressley, International Keynote Motivational Speaker and Executive Life Coach, is dedicated to helping people take action to launch bold, confident and courageous lives. She is the CEO of DeLores Pressley Worldwide and Founder of the Global Up Woman™ Network, a network and movement to empower and elevate women in business.
As a former elementary school teacher and a pioneer of the plus size fashion and modeling industry, DeLores has inspired and helped motivate thousands to leverage their leadership voice, have a powerful presence and live confidently.
DeLores is the author of Clean Out the Closets of Your Life, Believe in the Power of You, Empower and Co-Author of Oh Yes You Can! DeLores is a contributing writer for Smart Business Magazine. She has received many awards and recognition for her work including Top Ten Business Owners by the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) & Key Bank Corporation, Outstanding Community Service Award from the University of Akron and ATHENA Finalist sponsored by Inside Business Magazine. She is an Inductee of the YWCA’s Stark County Women’s Hall of Fame and the Women of Color Foundation’s Hall of Fame.
Questions I Asked Delores
- Tell us a little about you and how you started your business?
- How did you move from teaching elementary school to motivational speaking?
- With speaking, how do you identify your target market?
- What impact does being ‘stuck’ have on your business?
- How has your work changed the mindset and business for your clients?
What You’re Going to Learn
- Why solving problems for your clients is the key to being a powerful speaker
- How to be relevant to your audience
- What a ‘believe in the power of you’ jar is
- Why it’s important to learn to ‘sell yourself’
- Why you need to make a decision. Be decisive.
- How to be assertive, not aggressive
Where to Connect with DeLores