Odessa Hopkins is a Lifestyle and Marketing Strategist for women in business, a full-time entrepreneur, contracting expert, speaker and a small, minority and woman owned business advocate based in New York City.
Odessa Hopkins, affectionately known as Lady OH, brings an impressive 20 years of onsite federal government contracting to her portfolio with Technology & Management Services (TMS) and, later, IBM. During her onsite contracting career, the task she managed quadrupled in both tasks and revenue.
Odessa has been an entrepreneur since the mid 1980s. In 2007, she launched Another Approach, a business and diversity consulting company that assists start-ups to large corporations: one of which exceeds $11B a year in annual revenue. Odessa now focuses her time and attention on women in business. Last year, she launched a mission to help 1000 women receive more exposure, generate more leads and close more deals in 2016. Her Global Marketplace, BizWomenOnline.com, collaboratively markets and promotes the products, services, events and businesses of women. In addition, she hosts masterminds, brainstorming and other events to facilitate the growth of women in all aspects of entrepreneurship.
Enjoy this podcast full of great information on building those all-important connections.
Questions I asked Odessa:
- What you mean by ‘best asset’ beyond the money?
- How do you help business owners to adjust to
- Who should business owners be making connections with?
What you will learn from this podcast:
- The impact of sitting behind your desk for too long
- How getting business has shifted over the last 10-15 years
- Some of the baby steps you can try to help you move toward making new connections
Key Tips to Making the Right Connections:
- Be Yourself
- Go Out and Join a Local Organization with the intent to build relationships
- Become Active on Social Media
- Don’t Sell People their Ego
How to Connect with Odessa Hopkins:
Check out her Guide, “5 Mistakes Preventing Small Businesses From Landing BIG Contracts“.