Human resources is one of the most overlooked areas of business, but one of the most critical elements. Stefanie Lomax is here to help you understand how you can embrace HR to benefit your business. Stefanie works with small to mid-size businesses with their HR departments and strategies. She also works with individuals who are mid-career and might be looking to make a change but aren’t familiar with the landscape.
Stefanie and I met over 10 years ago. I can speak first hand to her expertise as she’s helped me shift my business when I needed to do some outplacement within my own company. If you’re not familiar with outplacement, it’s a supportive way to transition an employee out of the company in a positive light (helping them find another job). A few of the ways this helps the small business owner is you can save on unemployment costs, potential law suits, and cobra costs for medical. It also sets the company and business owner in a positive light.
Stefanie’s “EMBRACE” system is a 7 -point system that makes it easy for companies to embrace transparency and evaluate where they need to improve and how they can best support their employees.
Questions I Asked Stefanie
- Can you share a little bit about your background?
- Can you talk about what attrition is and why you need to measure it?
- What is Embrace HR?
- How can an organization get comfortable with transparency & accountability?
- How do you help a company embrace HR?
- What are some of the mistakes you see organizations make in creating transparency and an accountable workforce
- When should an organization look at hiring an expert such as yourself?
What You’re Going to Learn
- Why organizations should create transparency that employees can buy into
- What the 7-point EMBRACE system is
- Why you need accountability within the system
- When it’s time to restructure your infrastructure
- Why it’s important to embrace HR before you end up in a situation you’d rather not be in
The EMBRACE program
E = Evaluate (assessing and evaluating where you are)
M = Measure what’s missing (we’re going to look at the data)
B = Benchmarking
R = Restructure the infrastructure
A = Assigning accountability
C = Communicate the plan
E = Employ the help of an HR Expert
This is one of those interview you might want to grab a pen & paper for.
Stefanie absolutely over-delivered and gave a great foundation for embracing HR and when you should look at hiring an expert such as Stefanie.
Where to Connect with Stefanie