Scaling and growing a business can be challenging, especially when you have a tight budget. My guest today will reveal effective strategies to help companies build a team without a budget, or with a limited budget. Today I’m talking to Delmar Johnson, president, and CEO of HR Brains for Hire. With 20 years of human resources experience, Delmar helps small and mid-size businesses get the right support in place. She believes sourcing the right people in the season is a delicate balancing act, but most certainly one that can be achieved.
Questions I Asked Delmar:
- What are some of the strategies that companies can consider in terms of hiring when they have limited financial resources?
- What pitfalls do you see companies fall into when hiring interns?
- How do you determine what’s appropriate when bringing in an intern in terms of compensation?
- How can hiring an intern improve your business?
- Do you employ any interns right now?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why you need to invest in your business.
- How you can utilize interns within your business.
- Advice Delmar has in terms of what kinds of interns to hire and where to find them.
- The responsibilities owners have when bringing in interns.
- The benefits of hiring someone without experience.
Connect with Delmar
HR Brain For Hire | LinkedIn | Twitter
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | RSS