Hicks Holding, LLC was starting in May of 2015, it was started to fill a void that we saw in our community. Demond and Loren Hicks realized that most people didn’t know how to invest or protect their micro businesses. So, we decided to take what we’ve accumulated over the years in government contracting also in the private and public sectors and offer our services at prices that people could afford.
Demond Hicks is a recurring contributor on CNBC’s The Closing Bell he has been part of the Retail Investors Roundtable for more than 2 years. He consults with over 20 individuals and businesses on stock purchases, mini IPOs and REIT investments. Demond was in The Washington Business Journal as A Businessperson on the come up in the DC area in 2016. He also manages the stock vesting and dividends for Bob Johnson’s public REIT (founder of BET).
Hicks Holding also does bookkeeping, contract writing and consulting for individuals and micro businesses.
Questions I Asked Demond
- I know you have an accounting background, how did you get into the investing side of finance?
- How did you then take the investment side of business and parlay it into other business services?
- Can you share when you started your Facebook group and how it’s grown?
- What has been the differentiating factor with the growth you’ve seen in 2017?
- What are some of the things you advise your small business clients on when it comes to investing?
- What is something businesses can do now if they’re interested in starting to make investments for their business?
What You’re Going to Learn
- How Demond’s Facebook group led to being on CNBC, every month
- How being upfront and direct with his clients has led to consistent growth
- How referrals drive his business
- Why Demond recommends Exchange Traded Funds for small businesses
- How Demond’s company differentiates their fee structure from other companies
- How Demond’s children are involved in the family business
Where to Connect with Demond