“Begin with the end in mind” that’s the advice of today’s guest. Orlando Dorsey is an entrepreneur with a passion for protecting and assisting small businesses. He is an Assistant Vice President with D.H. Lloyd and Associates where he focuses on business development for the firm. Also as an insurance agent with D.H. Lloyd he is part of the risk management team for the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia and the construction of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino built at the National Harbor in Prince George’s County, Maryland. He is the past president of Beltway Nationwide Business Brokerage, the largest privately held mergers and acquisitions firm on the East Coast. Today Orlando will be sharing his insight on the gross impact of having an exit strategy at the onset of your business.
Questions I Asked Orlando:
- Why is an exit strategy so important from day one?
- How to you begin to consider what your exit strategy is at the start of your business?
- What should business owners be concerned with when building an exit strategy?
- You mentioned “You cannot meet what you cannot measure.” What types of things should we be measuring in our businesses?
- Should you be reviewing your original business plan frequently?
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- What mistakes Orlando made during his career.
- Why understanding your business model is key to your growth.
- What the “small business YOU problem” is.
- Why sometimes it’s necessary to hire someone to help your business grow.
- What it means to have processes that are duplicatable.
Connect with Orlando